Love hostels and hostel life? We've a rare opening for a manager in our gorgeous Banff location!
Located in downtown, Samesun Banff is one of our highest rated hostels, with fun staff, an intimate but rockin' bar and a laid back vibe.
We are looking for a manager who is enthusiastic about hosteling to interview and begin training immediately, and be in charge on November 1.
Samesun is a leading hostel chain in Canada with locations in Montreal, Vancouver and Kelowna as well as a U.S. location in Venice, California. We're laid back but professional and choose our employees not only for their qualifications but their enthusiasm for the hostel lifestyle.
We are looking for applicants who have stayed or worked in hostels previously and have at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
Must already be legal to work in Canada.
- Hiring, training and overseeing housekeeping, maintenance and front desk staff
- Providing excellent customer service
- Overseeing management of an onsite bar/restaurant
- Creating and managing budgets
- Coordinating with marketing for online presence, local campaigns and merchandising
- Creating and overseeing activities
- Developing and maintaining relationships with local vendors
- Supervising renovation projects
- Reviewing, balancing and depositing weekly banking
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting
- Assisting on front desk as needed
- Managing inventory
Position is full time with 15% bonus potential and 3 weeks annual holiday.
If interested, please learn more about us from our website, and send a resume and cover letter that states why you feel this job is the right one for you, as well as detailing your previous hosteling experience. Resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed.