Conveniently located in the Town of Banff, just steps away from the glacier-fed Bow River, Banff Park Lodge is a full-service Resort Hotel and Conference Centre. Here we experience the best of both worlds: the peace and solitude of a quiet location, yet quick access to a livelier scene in downtown Banff. The Banff Park Lodge has two sister properties; the Bow View Lodge and a new development scheduled to open late 2020.
We are currently seeking 5 full-time permanent Chef De Partie's, required to work day shifts, evening shifts, weekends and holidays with opportunities for overtime hours. The salary for this position is based on experience, 32-40 hours per week. The start dates for these positions are January, April, May & June.
Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities for a formal hotel dining room
- Estimate food requirements, prepare and cook meals and specialty foods including dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Instruct cooks in preparation, garnishing and presentation of food and in new cooking techniques
- Plan menus, ensure quality of food and portion control and create new recipes
- Requisition food, kitchen supplies and equipment
- Supervise cooks and kitchen staff
- Cook trade certification required from a recognized vocational or technical college
- Three or more years’ experience in commercial cooking
- Fluent in English language (orally and written, and accurate numeracy)
- Working with others and supervising in a team environment
- Must be bondable
- Must possess good sense of taste, good health and stamina, excellent hand eye co-ordination, good math skills, good memory for details, and be artistic and have a creative talent
- Must have excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and team building skills
- Must have excellent organizational skills and maintain a calm demeanour
- Staff accommodation is guaranteed with an immediate check-in; daily rent starting from $6.50 - $17.00 per day
- Three salary increases during first year of employment; term bonus available
- Friends and family rates available at all properties, F&B discounts available at Crave Mountain Grill and La Terrazza Dining Room & Lounge
- Health benefits available including life insurance, dental, medical and drug coverage
- Staff Cafe on site, free duty meal provided
- Ski Pass subsidy available, receive a return of up to $350; payroll deduction available
- Education reimbursement available
- Payroll deduction available for a local gym membership
- Monthly staff events hosted by our very own Social Committee
- Uniforms supplied and free cleaning available
- Living in beautiful Banff National Park!
For those interested in this opportunity, please forward a copy of your resume to the email address provided, in-person at 222 Lynx Street, by fax to (403) 762-4740 or online at www.banffparklodge.com. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in our company!!