The host is the first point of contact with restaurant guests. We're looking for that bright, bubbly, and organised, person who can delight our hungry guests!
- Warm, friendly, professional greeting either over the phone or in-person.
- Take accurate dining reservations over the phone, input into the system.
- Plan out the seating chart and organize reservations. Ensure guests are seated in order and that you do not overload a particular server.
- Escort diners to their table and anticipate guest needs (i.e. high chair for child, etc).
- Effective communication with management, kitchen staff and serving staff to ensure effective customer flow. Ensure servers are aware a table has been sat or check with kitchen to ensure that it is not falling behind, etc.
- Ensure menus look great (free of spots or stains and are complete – wipe as necessary).
- Monitor cleanliness of washrooms and attend to when necessary.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- May assist with the delivery of food & beverage items.
- Clear and clean tables
- High School graduate or equivalent is an asset.
- Prior experience in a restaurant environment is desirable.
- ProServe Certification.
- Outgoing personality with strong customer service.
- Must be able to understand both oral and written instructions in English.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Exceptional telephone manner and a willingness to work with a positive team player attitude.
An outstanding benefits package combined with attractive compensation awaits the right candidate. We're talking Lux movie theatre discounts, discounted ski pass options, health and dental plan, food and beverage discounts at all our restaurants, employee share ownership program, free hotel stays and more!