The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is a world famous resort located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies on the banks of majestic Lake Louise. Our location and popularity create many situations where the prompt and professional intervention of our security team is critical.
We are looking for a “security professional”. Our setting demands that the right candidate will be experienced in Emergency first aid, loss prevention, fire safety, and guest service.
Hotel Overview: Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Perform property patrols observing, reporting, and correcting safety and security deficiencies.
- Respond to medical emergency calls and provide basic first aid and/or cardiopulmonary resuscitation in accordance with local medical protocols.
- Respond to fire emergency calls and provide evacuation and initial fire control measures.
- Respond to complaints and requests for assistance in accordance with departmental and corporate policies and procedures. Provide assistance to all scenes or liaise with outside agencies to ensure that assistance is received.
- Provide reports through written documentation of all incidents, events and actions taken during the course of a shift.
- Check inventories and status of equipment/vehicles to ensure safe and effective operation.
- Ensure compliance with federal and provincial statutes and regulations, and enforcement of corporate policies and procedures.
- Administrative functions as related to the normal course of duties, i.e., filing, report distribution photocopying, faxing, etc.
- Maintain integrity and continuity of lost and found articles as well as securing and releasing of found property in accordance with hotel policy and legal requirements.
- May be required to testify (criminal or civil) in court.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding any information or action required in the course of duties in accordance with corporate and legal requirements.
- Review files and shift logs of previous shifts to ensure awareness of activities and events from previous shifts.
- Locking and unlocking doors in accordance with established schedules and ongoing monitoring of any change in status.
- Oral reporting to relief shifts (debriefing) and/or supervisory personnel as required and contribute to departmental meetings.
- Assist outside agencies as outlined in hotel policy, i.e.: hotel insurers, police, fire, ambulance and wardens.
- Provide transportation to medical facilities both locally at to the town site of Banff in accordance with departmental policy.
- Provide initial investigations and follow-up to complaints and incidents.
- Contribute towards the goals and objectives of the department, hotel and corporation.
- On call for emergency situations.
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program.
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Must possess and maintain Advanced Level II/Emergency Medical Responder first aid and Level ‘C’ Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CRR). Allowances will be made for candidates who agree to obtain this certification – Standard level first aid with level ‘C’ CPR would be the minimum hire criteria with no exceptions.
- Law and Security Administration diploma or related program, or minimum of 5 years security experience.
- Computer literacy to a level allowing the ability to compose and edit typed documents in word processing software. Basic file management skills including the ability to save, rename, move, copy and attach files to electronic mail systems. Working knowledge of Windows 95/98, and Microsoft Word and excel.
- Must possess the ability to deal with stress and prioritise critical tasks, must work well under pressure.
- Calm responsible manner and an effective communicator – oral and written.
- Must be able to work shifts and be considered on-call for emergencies when available.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and contribute to team objectives.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Fire protection/suppression background is an asset.
- Valid Alberta driver's licence and a current driver's abstract must be submitted (maximum 4 demerits).
- Class 4 Driver’s License preferred.
- Must be in good physical condition.
- Must submit to and pass a criminal record and security clearance check.
Visa Requirements: Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Lake Louise! www.lakelouisejobs.com
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!