Scope & General Purpose
Provide courteous and professional service at all times and maintain a consistent high level of guest satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to ensure all our guests leave with a positive dining experience by anticipating guest needs and providing personalized service.
- A strong commitment to the Delta brand standards and hallmarks of service.
- To be familiar with all food and beverage menus, specials and promotions in order to assist the guest in their selection and promote the items.
- Report any irregularities or comments from the guest; ensure resolution and follow up.
- Assisting with buffet set up and tear down when required
- Complete side duties such as folding napkins, stocking china and cutlery, filling and cleaning salt and pepper shakers, filling sugar bowls and filling juice, milk, coffee and espresso machines &service areas
- Responsible for In-Room dining orders. Take orders, prepare tray and deliver as per Delta Standard.
- Posting charges accurately and in a timely manner, accurate daily cash remittance.
- Bring any concerns to the attention of the F&B Manager (related to internal or external guests, food or service quality, or physical surroundings)
Preferred Knowledge/ Qualifications
- Experience in Food & Beverage Service, with a strong knowledge of the Food & Beverage service process
- Possess wine service skills, knowledge of all the basic wine types and varietals, and an understanding of wine making production.
- Have a wide base knowledge of the various types of spirits, liqueurs, and the most commonly known recipes for cocktails and martinis.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to enhance both the presentation and service standards throughout the operation
- Excellent communication, guest service and up-selling skills
- Team player and a self-starter, yet able to work independently
- Ability to work effectively in an innovative, fast-paced, and multi-tasked environment.
- Experience with Micros POS system an asset
- Responsible and conscientious
- Position involves standing & walking for extended amounts of time
- Must be able to lift and carry 20 lbs.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Give the Best to our Guests, and Expect Even More in Return:
- Staff Accommodation: We offer some of the most premium staff housing units in Banff to our team. Overlooking the beautiful Bow River, each unit is a fully-furnished apartment with kitchen appliances and a maximum of 2 tenants with separate bedrooms. It is a short walk to downtown Banff Avenue and easy access to many breathtaking walking, running and cycling trails in the area. A short distance to work, (approx. a 6 minute walk), our Otter Street Staff Accom provides a great female only, safe and secure option which also come fully furnished, beautifully maintained and a maximum of 4 tenants.
- Staff Meal Plan: Each team member receives a hot meal during every shift for a nominal fee.
- Food & Beverage Discounts: Team members are entitled to a 50% discount on all food served in our Evergreen Restaurant with dining reservations for your personal consumption.
- Uniforms: We provide uniforms and take care of cleaning them.
- Ski Pass Discounts: We offer a deeply discounted tri-area ski pass to our team members with a purchase plan option to spread the cost of the pass over several pay period deductions (seasonal).
- Banff Canoe Club Summer Boating Pass: We provide a 2 hour free canoe for the Banff Canoe Club on the Bow River. The pass is available to staff through a sign-out program so fair share of the pass is provided.
- Travel Incentives: Each team member will have access to great Travel Incentives with Marriott Hotels, as well as Delta Hotels and Resorts.