Scope & General Purpose
Smooth operation of the kitchen and organization of staff to maintain optimum production. Keeping food quality and consistency on line with business and within the standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Close monitoring at all times of quality of presentation and that portion size standards are in line with cost specification.
- Implement menu items and recipes as required.
- Low level of loss time due to accidents.
- Monitor equipment maintenance and cleanliness for optimum team production
- High standards of hygiene maintained on daily basis according to established cleaning list.
- Ensure that Health & Safety Standards are met with regards to food handling and equipment procedure.
- Able to work unsupervised.
- Work on all banquets as needed.
- High level of guest satisfaction with food presentation and quality according to guest comment cards.
- Low loss of merchandise through spoilage or pilferage.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Culinary Trade Certificate preferred (Journeymen Certificate welcomed but not required)
- Proven organizational and planning skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Training skills
- Flexible with regards to working hours and guest special requests.
- Good interpersonal relation skills.
- Team orientated.
- Aspires to be Sous Chef.
- Provincial Board of Health Certification
- Acceptance and desire to serve our guests.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Give the Best to our Guests, and Expect Even More in Return:
- Staff Accommodation: We offer some of the most premium staff housing units in Banff to our team. Overlooking the beautiful Bow River, each unit is a fully-furnished apartment with kitchen appliances and a maximum of 2 tenants with separate bedrooms. It is a short walk to downtown Banff Avenue and easy access to many breathtaking walking, running and cycling trails in the area. A short distance to work, (approx. a 6 minute walk), our Otter Street Staff Accom provides a great female only, safe and secure option which also come fully furnished, beautifully maintained and a maximum of 4 tenants.
- Staff Meal Plan: Each team member receives a hot meal during every shift for $3.00 a day.
- Food & Beverage Discounts: Team members are entitled to a 50% discount on all food served in our Evergreen Restaurant with dining reservations for your personal consumption.
- Uniforms: We provide uniforms and take care of cleaning them at no cost to employees.
- Ski Pass Discounts: We offer a deeply discounted ski passes (Sunshine, Lake Louise & Ski Big 3) to our team members with a purchase plan option to spread the cost of the pass over several pay period deductions (seasonal).
- Banff Canoe Club Summer Boating Pass: We provide a 2 hour free canoe pass for the Banff Canoe Club on the Bow River. The pass is available to staff through a sign-out program so fair share of the pass is provided.
- Travel Incentives: Each team member will have access to great Travel Incentives with Marriott Hotels, as well as Delta Hotels and Resorts.