Conveniently located in the Town of Banff, just steps away from the glacier-fed Bow River, Banff Park Lodge is a full-service Resort Hotel and Conference Centre. Here we experience the best of both worlds: the peace and solitude of a quiet location, yet quick access to a livelier scene in downtown Banff. The Banff Park Lodge has two sister properties; the Bow View Lodge and the Homestead Inn.
We are currently seeking a full-time Banquet Server, required to work day shifts, evening shifts, weekends and holidays with opportunities for overtime hours.
Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Provide prompt, courteous and efficient food & beverage service
- Work as part of a team to provide a consistently high standard of service in areas such as meeting set ups and all meal functions
- Demonstrate professional and positive image to guests and colleagues at all times
- Effectively handle guest concerns through empowerment, and report any irregularities to management
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment at all times
- Report any deficiencies in equipment or level of supplies to the Banquet Supervisors
- Ensure the equipment and all work areas are maintained to hotel standard
- Properly stock all convention equipment in appropriate stores as per the hotel standards
- Participation in departmental meetings, inter departmental meetings, shift line ups and incentive programs
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
- Flexible schedule required.
- Must be physically cable of lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and follow up skills
- Bar experience an asset.
- Staff accommodation is guaranteed with an immediate check-in; daily rent starting from $6.00 - $16.25 per day
- Three salary increases during first year of employment; term bonus and summer bonus available
- Friends and family rates available at all three properties, F&B discounts available at The Crave Mountain Grill Restaurant and Terrace Dining Room & Lounge
- Health benefits available after 8 months of employment including life insurance, dental, medical and drug coverage
- Duty meal provided, Staff Cafe on site offering meals for $2.37; certain items available free of charge 24/7
- Ski Pass subsidy available, receive a return of up to $350; payroll deduction available
- Education reimbursement for English as a Second Language Course
- Payroll deduction available for a local gym membership
- Monthly staff events hosted by our very own Social Committee
- Uniforms supplied and free cleaning available
- Living in beautiful Banff National Park!
For those interested in this opportunity, please forward a copy of your resume to the email provided, in-person at 222 Lynx Street, by fax to (403) 762-4740 or online at www.banffparklodge.com. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in our company!!