Scope & General Purpose
Manage daily operations of the hotel ensuring highest level of guest service is achieved. Maintain departmental standards and adhere to all health and safety regulations as it relates to guests and hotel staff. As a part of our revenue team, meet or exceed annual revenue and maximize the Rooms and F&B profits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitates the overall operation in all departments of the Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge and the Charltons.
- Ensure the Evergreen and Kitchen areas are secured at the end of the evening.
- Provide support and leadership to staff in all departments as required.
- Maintain a constant and visible physical presence in public areas during all hours on shift.
- Ensure staff from all departments are providing a high level of customer service at all times.
- Develop an understanding of Charlton Resorts policies and procedures, and ensure that it is consistent with operations.
- Have knowledge of Delta Hotels and Resorts Brand Operating Procedures (BOP) for all departments.
- Attend regular department manager meetings to ensure optimum teamwork and productivity.
- Assist where necessary in all departments. Front Desk check in, Concierge/Bellman duties, reservations, restaurant seating, bussing tables, room service delivery, F&B set up and take down, housekeeping room checks, etc.
- Troubleshoot guest issues and deal effectively with requests and complaints.
- Inform the Operations Manager and General Manager of any issues prior to providing guest compensation.
- Be fully aware of the hotel emergency and health and safety procedures, and know how to enact them accordingly.
- Deal with inappropriate behavior by guests or staff as well as staff members who are not performing their duties to the level of service that is expected of them.
- Assist in creating a courteous, friendly, professional work environment.
- Provide overall direction, coordination and ongoing evaluation of operations.
Preferred Knowledge/ Qualifications
- Duty Manager is a hands-on position requiring flexibility when it comes to hours of work. Normally the shifts will be 3pm until 11:30pm, however business flow may dictate schedule changes.
- Four Diamond or equivalent experience in multi-faceted resort hotel with strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to lead by example.
- Confident, highly energetic, self-motivated and decisive are attributes that are necessary for this position.
- Mature and capable of handling stressful situations while demonstrating a high degree of professionalism.
- Strong communication and leadership skills which will lead to gaining respect from all staff members.
- Position requires strong problem solving and analytic skills.
- Position involves daily guest and employee contact. Candidate must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written as well as strong team building skills.
- Advanced computer knowledge including MICROS/Fidelio PMS systems, POS systems, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- A passion for providing leadership for staff and exceptional guest experiences.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in the hospitality industry, Hotel and Restaurant.
- Standing/walking for extended periods of time.
- Lifting ability up to 50lbs.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Give the Best to our Guests, and Expect Even More in Return:
- Staff Accommodation: We offer some of the most premium staff housing units in Banff to our staff. Located in the Rocky Mountain Coop, overlooking the beautiful Bow River, this one bedroom apartment has recently been renovated with beautiful new floors and a new kitchen.
- Staff Meal Plan: Each team member receives a hot meal during every shift for $3.00 a day.
- Food & Beverage Discounts: Team members are entitled to a 50% discount on all food served in our Evergreen Restaurant with dining reservations for your personal consumption.
- Ski Pass Discounts: We offer a deeply discounted ski passes (Sunshine, Lake Louise & Ski Big 3) to our team members with a purchase plan option to spread the cost of the pass over several pay period deductions (seasonal).
- Banff Canoe Club Summer Boating Pass: We provide a free 2 hour canoe pass for the Banff Canoe Club on the Bow River. The pass is available to staff through a sign-out program so fair share of the pass is provided.
- Travel Incentives: Each team member will have access to great Travel Incentives with Delta Hotels and Resorts, Marriott Hotels and Starwood Hotels.
- Blue Cross: After successful completion of the probation period, the Duty Manager is eligible for health benefits under Blue Cross.