Conveniently located in the Town of Banff, just steps away from the glacier-fed Bow River, Banff Park Lodge is a full-service Resort Hotel and Conference Centre. Here visitors can experience the best of both worlds: the peace and solitude of a quiet location, yet quick access to a livelier scene in downtown Banff. The Banff Park Lodge has two sister properties; the Bow View Lodge and the Homestead Inn.
We are currently seeking one full-time, permanent Reservation Agent, required to work day shifts, evening shifts, weekends and holidays starting in October. Wage is based on experience, 32-40 hours per week.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Take, cancel and change room reservations, process telephone calls
- Provide information on hotel facilities and services, provide general information about services required for guests with special needs
- Customer service oriented, work with minimal supervision
- Clerical duties (i.e faxing, filing, photocopying)
- Reading text, document use, numeracy, writing, communication, working with other, problem solving
- Decision making, critical thinking job task planning and organizing.
- Provide assistance to the Front Desk Agents as needed.
- Has 1 to 2 year previous hotel front desk or reservation experience
- Is a capable multi-tasker with a keen attention to detail
- Has a professional, yet friendly, personality and demeanor in person and over the telephone
- Has excellent English comprehension and communication skills; a second language is an asset as we welcome many international guests
- Has experience working with Microsoft Office
- Previous experience with Extranets is an asset
- Staff accommodation is guaranteed with an immediate check-in; daily rent starting from $6.00 - $16.25 per day
- Three salary increases during first year of employment; term bonus and summer bonus available
- Friends and family rates available at all three properties, F&B discounts available at The Crave Mountain Grill Restaurant and Terrace Dining Room & Lounge
- Health benefits available after 8 months of employment including life insurance, dental, medical and drug coverage
- Staff Cafe on site offering meals for $2.37; certain items available free of charge 24/7
- Ski Pass subsidy available, receive a return of up to $350; payroll deduction available
- Education reimbursement for English as a Second Language Course
- Payroll deduction available for a local gym membership
- Monthly staff events hosted by our very own Social Committee
- Uniforms supplied and free cleaning available
- Living in beautiful Banff National Park!
For those interested in this opportunity, please forward a copy of your resume to the email address provided, in-person at 222 Lynx Street, by fax to (403) 762-4740 or online at www.banffparklodge.com. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in our company!!