Conveniently located in the Town of Banff, just steps away from the glacier-fed Bow River, Banff Park Lodge is a full-service Resort Hotel and Conference Centre. Here we experience the best of both worlds: the peace and solitude of a quiet location, yet quick access to a livelier scene in downtown Banff. The Banff Park Lodge has two sister properties; the Bow View Lodge and the Homestead Inn.
We are currently seeking a full-time permanent First Cook, required to work day shifts, evening shifts, weekends and holidays with opportunities for overtime hours. The salary for this position is based on experience, 32-40 hours per week.
Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Ensuring that food is properly stored and handled at all times
- Ensuring that the quality and quantity of food prepared meets hotel standards
- Managing a clean, sanitized work station during and at the end of shift
- Ensuring that food waste and spoilage are kept to a minimum
- Reliable and can commit to at least 6 months
- Aspiring to become an apprentice
- One year of experience in a kitchen required, hotel restaurant cooking is an asset
- Prepares high quality food and follows superior sanitation standards
- Is physically capable of lifting and carrying heavy items and standing for long periods of time
- Is a team player, able to work in close conditions with several other people
- Staff accommodation is guaranteed with an immediate check-in; daily rent starting from $6.00 - $16.25 per day
- Three salary increases during first year of employment; term bonus and summer bonus available
- Friends and family rates available at all three properties, F&B discounts available at The Chinook Restaurant and Terrace Dining Room & Lounge
- Health benefits available after 8 months of employment including life insurance, dental, medical and drug coverage
- Staff Cafe on site offering meals for $2.37; certain items available free of charge 24/7
- Ski Pass subsidy available, receive a return of up to $350; payroll deduction available
- Education reimbursement for English as a Second Language Course
- Payroll deduction available for a local gym membership
- Monthly staff events hosted by our very own Social Committee
- Uniforms supplied and free cleaning available
- Living in beautiful Banff National Park!
For those interested in this opportunity, please forward a copy of your resume to the email address provided, in-person at 222 Lynx Street, by fax to (403) 762-4740 or online at www.banffparklodge.com. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in our company!!