Scope & General Purpose
- To lead, teach, coach and inspire a dynamic team in the Evergreen Restaurant and Breakfast Room to provide our guests with phenomenal dining experiences.
- To ensure the calibre of service is harmonized by our menu, which displays the highest level of culinary skills, evident in all areas of presentation and preparation.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to enhance both the presentation and service standards throughout the operation.
- Must always present a professional appearance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provision of exceptional guest service, going above and beyond to ensure total guest satisfaction. Lead by example.
- Adherence to all Delta and Charlton Resorts policies and standards.
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of food and beverage servers and other serving staff.
- Ensure staff is utilizing up-sell techniques.
- Weekly scheduling based on business levels with the guidance of the Restaurant Manager.
- Actively participant in new-employee training in accordance with the Food & Beverage New Employee Orientation program.
- Conducting continuous wine knowledge and service training with the guidance of the Restaurant Manager.
- Ensure that Delta Hallmark Deliverables are being presented in all food & beverage outlets (i.e.: Evergreen, Room Service, Banquets)
- Craft a competitive & complimentary wine list for the Evergreen Restaurant with the guidance of the Restaurant Manager.
- Participate in Month End Liquor Inventory counts ensuring accurate reporting.
- Organization and maintenance of liquor storage area.
- Ensure accurate ordering based on restaurant, banquet and kitchen requisitions under guidance of the Restaurant Manager.
- Ensure that all banquet wine is available and that up-coming wine requirements are met.
- Maintain daily liquor room inventory controls.
- Ensure that the inventory turns are appropriate and inventory levels are kept to a minimum
- Liaise with the Conference Services and Catering Team to assist Group Convenors with new pairings, additional offerings and up-selling opportunities, enhancing their experience.
- Participate in weekly food and beverage meetings to ensure that all details of up-coming events are understood.
- Execute functions with flair, ensuring total group satisfaction.
- Responsible for accurately accounting for all food & beverage sold the night of the event through the MICROS POS system.
- Ensure proper beverage service in accordance with Alberta Liquor Laws.
- Effectively communicate with the Restaurant Manager regarding daily operations (successes & challenges) in order to quickly solve problems and maintain the strength of the entire department.
- All other duties as assigned by the Restaurant Manager
Preferred Knowledge /Qualifications
- On-going learning about wine and gaining knowledge of Wine and Food Pairing.
- ProServe Certification
- One year supervisory experience in similar environment
- Position involves standing & walking for extended amounts of time
- Must be able to lift and carry 20 lbs.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Give the Best to our Guests, and Expect Even More in Return:
- Staff Accommodation: We offer some of the most premium staff housing units in Banff to our team. Overlooking the beautiful Bow River, each unit is a fully-furnished apartment with kitchen appliances and a maximum of 2 tenants with separate bedrooms. It is a short walk to downtown Banff Avenue and easy access to many breathtaking walking, running and cycling trails in the area. A short distance to work, (approx. a 6 minute walk), our Otter Street Staff Accom provides a great female only, safe and secure option which also come fully furnished, beautifully maintained and a maximum of 4 tenants.
- Staff Meal Plan: Each team member receives a hot meal during every shift for a nominal fee.
- Food & Beverage Discounts: Team members are entitled to a 50% discount on all food served in our Evergreen Restaurant with dining reservations for your personal consumption.
- Uniforms: We provide uniforms and take care of cleaning them.
- Ski Pass Discounts: We offer a deeply discounted tri-area ski pass to our team members with a purchase plan option to spread the cost of the pass over several pay period deductions (seasonal).
- Banff Canoe Club Pass: We provide a free 2 hour pass for the Banff Canoe Club on the beautiful Bow River for all of our team members to use.
- Travel Incentives: Each team member will have access to great Travel Incentives with Marriott Hotels, as well as Delta Hotels and Resorts.