Scope & General Purpose
Under the direction of the Front Office Supervisor, Front Office Manager, the Guest Services Agents are responsible for taking care of our guests’ needs in a professional manner and in accordance with our standards bearing in mind that we are in an industry of discretion and ambassadors to Banff National Park.
Duties and Responsibilities
Checking guests in:
- Greet guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Re-confirm the details of guest stay and guest history
- Ensure room is adequate for guest’s needs and upsell if possible
- Provide information of our other services
- Establish a method of payment
- In room keys, maintaining security policies and procedures
- Update information in the PMS and file paperwork accordingly.
Checking guests out:
- Greet guest in a friendly and professional manner and enquire about the quality of their stay
- Review the details of their folio
- Reconfirm method of payment
- Process payment
- Update the PMS and file paperwork accordingly
- Thank guests and close transaction in a friendly and welcoming manner.
- Responsible for managing a cash float
- Ensure cash is balanced at the end of every shift.
- Be familiar with currency exchange values and exchange methods
- Complete required paperwork accordingly.
- Answer phones in a timely and professional manner
- Always identifying yourself to the caller
- Must be knowledgeable of the department managers and their duties in order to adequately transfer callers
- Set wakeup calls and block calls
- Take phone reservations according to Charlton Resorts and Delta Standards
- Respond to E-mail inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain composure and showing empathy for guest’s concerns
- Be able to identify the source of the complaint
- Consider resources to correct problem and establish an action plan
- Execute the action plan, ensure it is communicated to co-workers to ensure follow up occurs
- Pass on problems to a supervisor or manager if required
- Prepare incident reports as required.
- Adhere to fire emergency plans and participate if an evacuation if necessary.
- Practice safe working habits, including bending and lifting appropriately to avoid injury, reporting hazards, appropriate use of cleaning chemicals and working to minimize tripping hazards.
- Follow security procedures at all times and not allow guests into rooms unless they are properly identified.
- Adhere to policy when in guest rooms to ensure that guest property remains safe
- Follow the lost and found procedure at all times.
- All security codes and passwords should remain confidential and not shared with any team members.
- Report suspicious persons on the guest room floors.
Relief Night Audit:
- Perform Night Audit duties from time to time to provide adequate coverage in the absence of the full time Night Auditor.
Balance the day:
- Print appropriate reports and compare all revenue centers against the source documents
Correct inappropriate entries
- Recap the food and beverage information into the PMS
- Process audit and check the reports and balances for correctness
- Prepare guest folios for all departing guests
- Update customer history
- Ensure backups are done and interfaces are reset properly.
- Understand how the interfaces computer works and ensure that they are operating properly at all times
- Understand how the key system works and ensure that it is operating properly at all times
- Be familiar with the PBX functions and ensure that it is fully operational at all times
- Keep work area neat and tidy
Preferred Knowledge/ Qualifications
- Experience in Guest Services, with a strong knowledge of Banff National Park and area.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to enhance the service standards throughout the operation
- Excellent communication, guest service and up-selling skills
- Team player and a self-starter, yet able to work independently
- Ability to work effectively in an innovative, fast-paced, and multi-tasked environment.
- Responsible and conscientious
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Give the Best to our Guests, and Expect Even More in Return:
- Staff Accommodation: We offer some of the most premium staff housing units in Banff to our team. Overlooking the beautiful Bow River, each unit is a fully-furnished apartment with kitchen appliances and a maximum of 2 tenants with separate bedrooms. It is a short walk to downtown Banff Avenue and easy access to many breathtaking walking, running and cycling trails in the area. A short distance to work, (approx. a 6 minute walk), our Otter Street Staff Accom provides a great female only, safe and secure option which also come fully furnished, beautifully maintained and a maximum of 4 tenants.
- Staff Meal Plan: Each team member receives a hot meal during every shift for a nominal fee.
- Food & Beverage Discounts: Team members are entitled to a 50% discount on all food served in our Evergreen Restaurant with dining reservations for your personal consumption.
- Uniforms: We provide uniforms and take care of cleaning them.
- Ski Pass Discounts: We offer a deeply discounted tri-area ski pass to our team members with a purchase plan option to spread the cost of the pass over several pay period deductions (seasonal).
- Banff Canoe Club Summer Boating Pass: We provide a 2 hour free canoe pass for the Banff Canoe Club on the Bow River. The pass is available to staff through a sign-out program so fair share of the pass is provided.
- Travel Incentives: Each team member will have access to great Travel Incentives with Marriott Hotels, as well as Delta Hotels and Resorts.