Conveniently located in the Town of Banff, just steps away from the glacier-fed Bow River, Banff Park Lodge is a full-service Resort Hotel and Conference Centre. Here visitors can experience the best of both worlds: the peace and solitude of a quiet location, yet quick access to a livelier scene in downtown Banff. The Banff Park Lodge has two sister properties; the Bow View Lodge and the Homestead Inn.
We are seeking a full-time, permanent House Person, required to work day shifts, evening shifts, weekends and holidays. The start date is in May 2019. The wage will be negotiated based on experience for 32-40 hours per week.
Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment of all the public spaces throughout the property
- Sweep, mop and wash floors, dust furniture, vacuum carpeting, distribute clean towels and toiletries
- Stock linen closet, clean and disinfect public bathrooms and fixtures, handle and report lost and found items, attend to guests' requests for extra supplies
- Provide basic information on facilities; pick up debris and empty trash containers, wash windows, walls and ceilings
- Clean all corridors, pool change rooms, public spaces empty garbage/recycling bins
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be capable of lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds
- Must follow grooming standards
- Experience is an asset
- Staff accommodation is guaranteed with an immediate check-in; daily rent starting from $6.50 - $17.00 per day
- Three salary increases during first year of employment; term bonus and summer bonus available
- Friends and family rates available at our Banff Park Lodge and Bow View Lodge property, F&B discounts available at The Crave Mountain Grill Restaurant and Terrace Dining Room & Lounge
- Health benefits available after 8 months of employment including life insurance, dental, medical and drug coverage
- Staff Cafe on site offering meals for $2.37; certain items available free of charge 24/7
- Ski Pass subsidy available, receive a return of up to $350; payroll deduction available
- Education reimbursement for English as a Second Language Course
- Payroll deduction available for a local gym membership
- Monthly staff events hosted by our very own Social Committee
- Uniforms supplied and free cleaning available
- Living in beautiful Banff National Park!
For those interested in this opportunity, please forward a copy of your resume in-person at 222 Lynx Street, by fax to (403) 762-4740 or online at www.banffparklodge.com. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in our company!!