Conveniently located in the Town of Banff, just steps away from the glacier-fed Bow River, Banff Park Lodge is a full-service Resort Hotel and Conference Centre. Here we experience the best of both worlds: the peace and solitude of a quiet location, yet quick access to a livelier scene in downtown Banff. The Banff Park Lodge has two sister properties; the Bow View Lodge and the Homestead Inn.
We are currently seeking a full-time permanent Head Steward, required to work various shifts as business requires, with opportunities for overtime hours. The salary for this position is based on experience, 32-40 hours per week.
Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Keeps work station clean and organized
- Ensures that station opening and closing procedures are carried out to standard
- Will always operate job specific kitchen equipment and conduct themselves with safety in mind
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program.
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required.
- Create a positive inviting environment for staff in the kitchens.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
Expanded Duties and responsibilities
- Report for shift on time; with a professional appearance and positive attitude.
- Make sure dishwash staff are trained to meet managements expectations
- Ensure dish area storage space is clean and organized.
- Make sure dishwash machines are maintained and cleaned on a regular basis
- Make sure all dishwash staff are doing the daily work requirements/ duties
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere that promotes Team work and flexibility to assist where needed.
- Report any suspicious activities to the Duty Manager (i.e. non-staff & unauthorized staff in back areas, suspicion of theft, etc.)
Health, Safety & Sanitation
- Ensure that all areas of the Kitchen are compliant with the Alberta Health Code.
- Maintain temperature logs for dishwash machines
- Use hand washing station before, and frequently during every shift
- After shift, ensure that work station is clean, tidy and organized.
- When closing, make sure everything is put away properly
- Must be familiar with, and train staff on emergency, safety and security procedures (refer to in-house emergency procedures and WHMIS fact sheet).
- Report any and all deficiencies in kitchen equipment functionality and quality of food products to chef/ Sous chef in a timely fashion
- Adhere to Banff Park lodge employee grooming policy as outlined in the employee hand book
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be capable of lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Physically able to carry out the demands of the position including pushing, pulling, bending, and heavy lifting for long periods of time
- Staff accommodation is guaranteed with an immediate check-in; daily rent starting from $6.50 - $17.00 per day
- Two salary increases during first year of employment and a term bonus available
- Friends and family rates available at our Banff Park Lodge or Bow View Lodge property, F&B discounts available at Crave Mountain Grill Restaurant and Terrace Dining Room & Lounge
- Health benefits available after 8 months of employment including life insurance, dental, medical and drug coverage
- Staff Cafe on site, offering meals available free of charge
- Ski Pass subsidy available, receive a return of up to $350; payroll deduction available
- Education reimbursement for English as a Second Language Course
- Payroll deduction available for a local gym membership
- Monthly staff events hosted by our very own Social Committee
- Uniforms supplied and free cleaning available
- Living in beautiful Banff National Park!
For those interested in this opportunity, please forward a copy of your resume to the email address provided, in-person at 222 Lynx Street, by fax to (403) 762-4740 or online at www.banffparklodge.com. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in our company!!