Scope and General Purpose
The role of the Reservations & Revenue Manager is charged with providing timely and professional reservations services and managing all related reservation and revenue functions to optimize availability and pricing to maximize revenue.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process all reservation requests, changes and cancellations received by phone, email or fax in a courteous, efficient and professional manner.
- Ensure all rates and packages are maintained in the various reservations systems
- Monitor web sites to ensure content, including images and descriptions are correct and up to date.
- Maintain hotel and online inventory and rate availability to maximize revenue.
- Manage market segmentation to maximize revenue growth.
- Practice effective Revenue management by outlining strategies to achieve monthly and annual targets.
- Ensure Reservation Coordinator and Guest Services Agents are up-to-date on all local information, hotel services and the current packages, promotions and procedures.
- Continuous review/auditing of the hotel systems to ensure accuracy of reservations data and optimal positioning for revenue maximization. These quality checks include but not limited to: Inventory/Availability, rates, reservation accuracy for transient, group and FIT’s.
- Ensure deposits as processed as required for individual and group reservations.
- Prepare all reports and lead the weekly Revenue Management meetings
- Participate in Sales departmental meetings.
- Implement special sales promotions and packages and ensure optimal distribution on all channels.
- Effectively use yielding system (One Yield) for Delta.
- Work with the Director of Sales to set rates future rates for all market segments.
- Review commission reports for accuracy.
- Empowered as required to meet and/or exceed the expectations of internal and external guests
- Play an active role within the Sales Department to perform additional tasks as determined by the Director of Sales.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Previous hotel reservations and revenue background
- Hospitality related Degree or Diploma an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of MARSHA and Opera Property Management System preferred
- Flexible and able to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Strong team player
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Give the Best to our Guests, and Expect Even More in Return:
- Staff Accommodation: We offer some of the most premium staff housing units in Banff to our team. Located in the Rocky Mountain Coop, overlooking the beautiful Bow River, these units are fully furnished and include on-site laundry.
- Staff Meal Plan: Each team member receives a hot meal during every shift for a nominal fee.
- Food & Beverage Discounts: Team members are entitled to a 50% discount on all food served in our Evergreen Restaurant with dining reservations for your personal consumption.
- Uniforms: We provide uniforms and take care of cleaning them.
- Ski Pass Discounts: We offer a deeply discounted tri-area ski pass to our team members with a purchase plan option to spread the cost of the pass over several pay period deductions (seasonal).
- Banff Canoe Club Summer Boating Pass: We provide a 2 hour free canoe pass for the Banff Canoe Club on the Bow River. The pass is available to staff through a sign-out program so fair share of the pass is provided.
- Travel Incentives: Each team member will have access to great Travel Incentives with Marriott Hotels, as well as Delta Hotels and Resorts.
- Blue Cross: After successful completion of a probation period, the Reservations & Revenue Manager is eligible for benefits through Blue Cross.