Charlton Resorts, consisting of two hotels, Charltons Banff and Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge, is a company that has set the standard for hospitality in the Banff National Park for over 50 years. As a group of hospitality professionals we pride ourselves in providing first class accommodation, and the ultimate in guest experience.
The Charlton's Banff is comprised of 57 unique and spacious guest rooms and suites, with full breakfast facilities where guests are able to enjoy daily complimentary breakfast.
The Delta Banff Royal Canadian Lodge has 99 guest rooms including 16 suites. We offer an intimate setting with meeting space for up to 100 guests. The Evergreen Restaurant is open from 6:30am-10:00pm, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as providing in room dining.
Scope & General Purpose
Under the direct supervision of the housekeeping supervisors and the general direction of the Executive Housekeeper, the room attendants are responsible for maintaining the high standards set for cleanliness in our properties.
Duties and Responsibilities
Preparing for your day:
- Must be appropriately dressed in uniform and ready to work at the scheduled start time
- Responsible for knowing the schedule.
- Act in accordance with hotel standards and wear name tag at all times while on duty.
- Work assignments will be provided at the beginning of each scheduled shift by the Supervisor.
- Able to work within a fast paced environment while keeping a positive attitude in dealing with staff and guest.
Cleaning Guest Rooms:
- Clean and prepare guest rooms as per the hotel standards.
- Responsible for maintaining room cleanliness standards within the timelines indicated for room credits.
- Cleaning a guest room includes but is not limited to: stripping the bed, dusting all surfaces, reporting maintenance issues, cleaning the bathroom, restocking guest amenities and vacuuming.
- Rooms will be inspected by a supervisor prior to being release for resale. Any incomplete tasks will be outlined and must be re-done correctly prior to the end of shift.
Other cleaning duties:
- Public spaces and staff accommodation are part of the housekeeping department’s responsibility.
- Regular window cleaning may be assigned
- Semiannual deep cleaning is done in the spring and the fall. All housekeepers participate in this activity and are provided with standards and training at that time.
- May be assigned to laundering of terry from time to time.
- Housekeeping manages the outgoing and incoming linen and valet.
- Adhere to fire emergency plans and participate if an evacuation is necessary.
- Practice safe working habits, including bending and lifting appropriately to avoid injury, reporting hazards and working to minimize tripping hazards caused by hallway clutter and vacuum cords.
- Follow privacy and security policies at all times. This includes not allowing guests into guest rooms using their master key. Guest must be properly identified.
- Adhere to policy when in guest rooms to ensure that guest property remains safe.
- Responsible for turning in all items found to the Supervisor immediately in keeping with the Lost & Found procedure.
- Keep all rooms and supplies secure.
- Report suspicious persons on the guest room floors to a Supervisor or Manager.
- Appropriate training will be conducted on use of housekeeping equipment. It is expected all equipment will be treated correctly and without negligence. All maintenance issues must be reported.
- Work in accordance to safety regulations when handling chemical. If gloves and mask are required, staff will be expected to use them.
- Other duties as required by your supervisor or manager deemed to be appropriate
Preferred Knowledge/ Qualifications
- Must be physically fit
- Experience in Housekeeping, with a strong knowledge of Banff National Park and area.
- Must be able to work well independently with little supervision
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to speak and read the English language
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Give the Best to our Guests, and Expect Even More in Return:
- Staff Accommodation: We offer some of the most premium staff housing units in Banff to our team. Overlooking the beautiful Bow River, each unit is a fully-furnished apartment with kitchen appliances and a maximum of 2 tenants with separate bedrooms. It is a short walk to downtown Banff Avenue and easy access to many breathtaking walking, running and cycling trails in the area. A short distance to work, (approx. a 6 minute walk), our Otter Street Staff Accom provides a great female only, safe and secure option which also come fully furnished, beautifully maintained and a maximum of 4 tenants.
- Staff Meal Plan: Each team member receives a hot meal during every shift for a nominal fee.
- Food & Beverage Discounts: Team members are entitled to a 50% discount on all food served in our Evergreen Restaurant with dining reservations for your personal consumption.
- Uniforms: We provide uniforms and take care of cleaning them.
- Ski Pass Discounts: We offer a deeply discounted tri-area ski pass to our team members with a purchase plan option to spread the cost of the pass over several pay period deductions (seasonal).
- Banff Canoe Club Summer Boating Pass: We provide a 2 hour free canoe or kayak pass for the Banff Canoe Club on the Bow River. The pass is available to staff through a sign-out program so fair share of the pass is provided.
- Travel Incentives: Each team member will have access to great Travel Incentives with Marriott Hotels, as well as Delta Hotels and Resorts.